September 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
September 8, 2011 § Leave a comment
1. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if I chose a school for its magnanimous LRAP program, and then watched it lose its entire endowment to the international recession, leaving them unable to pay for alumni who choose to go the PI route and practice in righteous poverty, and leaving me up shit creek without a paddle?
2. I found this article and this article, the first about scraping by in the modeling industry in America, the second about scouts staking out nymphets in Brazil, to be an interesting look into the business’s cogs and bolts. The more glamorous it looks, the more it stinks when you lift the cover.
3. Still working on a few books. A.S. Byatt’s Elementals is ravishing; I read “Cold” with my heart athrob in my mouth, it’s so rich with descriptions of icescapes and glassblowing. James Baldwin’s Another Country is worthwhile as well, although his style has begun to wear to thinness in some places. And Dorothy Dunnett’s Checkmate! Here it is: the long awaited end. Let’s just say that there is mad drama. And that Jerott still hasn’t cried a river, built a bridge, and gotten over his thing for Lymond.
August 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
D: hit 3K yesterday but none of it for personal statement stuff, so i’m feeling massive guilt
D: if i hired you to write this for me would you do it? XD
N: …only to infuriate you enough to become a lawyer to sue me
D: natalie, natalie, natalie, of course that would never be the case
N: My name is Danica Verchowski and I will be a fucking fantastic lawyer, because I am smart, cute, and bred to excel.
N: My ancestors were peasants in rice paddies and I love underdogs.
N: Fuck, I am an underdog.
N: And I speak Chinese, which is the way of the future.
chat truncated due to inability of correspondent to continue typing as she is laughing too hard
D: if only i were judged by my ability to write hilarious lesbian shenanigans i would get into law school for sure
sent at 3:14 PM
August 26, 2011 § Leave a comment
01. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
02. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
03. Do you remember that time five years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
04. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
05. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
06. What are you grateful for?
07. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
08. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?